Looking forward, we have partnered Discovery Land Company, one of the world’s leading developers of distinctive, family-oriented private communities.
Discovery’s properties are remarkable for their low-density, exceptional quality and track record of environmental stewardship. Martin County’s courageous leadership in environmental protection and staunch limited-growth policies have created the ideal location for the next Discovery community.
Our plan for Atlantic Fields includes 317 homes on fewer than 420 acres of land. The remainder of the 2,300-acre landholdings will be dedicated to permanent recreation, agricultural preservation, and open-space conservation. Upon completion, it is estimated this small community of luxury homes will produce nearly $20 million in net tax revenue for Martin County each year.
The Polo Club will remain and be enhanced, leaving the Bridge Road corridor looking just as it does today. The development also will allow us to enhance access to the Atlantic Ridge State Park for the entire Hobe Sound community, build world-class equestrian facilities and gathering spaces for the public, and donate the historic Hobe Sound Train Depot to Martin County for relocation to the Hobe Sound Community Redevelopment Area.
Atlantic Fields – Discovery PUD
- Private Community – Development of Atlantic Fields, an exceptional private club and community with Discovery Land Company, consisting of just 317 homes and producing approximately $20 million per year in tax revenue for Hobe Sound
- Private Club – Golf course designed by world-renowned architect Tom Fazio will include a carefully chosen palette of native Florida vegetation to enhance and preserve the natural setting
- Maximum Open Space – By limiting development to just 420 acres out of more than 1,500 acres comprising the total site
- Agricultural Preservation – Placing 800 acres of operational agricultural land, the current Becker Tree Farm, into a permanent agricultural easement
- Wetland Protection – Restoring approximately 125 acres of wetland and native habitats to improve the area’s hydrological function and drainage
- Equestrian Facility – Donating a world-class equestrian facility, valued at nearly $1 million, to the Atlantic Ridge State Park to provide public access to the park
- Enhanced Access – Creating new access point to the Atlantic Ridge State Park’s 5,800 acres of wetlands, uplands and wildlife habitat for public horseback riders, hikers and mountain bikers
- Train Station – Donating the historic Hobe Sound Train Station to Martin County for relocation to the Hobe Sound Community Redevelopment Area